This is one of those breakfast meals that could totally be a dessert.
Kinda like waffles. I mean yes, waffles are considered a breakfast food but technically waffles could serve as a dessert too. I mean c’mon, waffles are simply a crisp cake of batter baked in a waffle iron and topped with butter, fruits, nuts, powdered sugar, and syrup. That’s definitely up the dessert alley.
This sweet potato is loaded with some of the same things; fruit, nuts and syrup. However, its a heck of a lot healthier.
- 1 Cooked Sweet potato
- 1/4 cup Blueberries (because blueberries and sweet potatos are an amazing combination)
- 1/4 of Vanilla Greek Yogurt (if you’re a vegan, I recommend the almond yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons of pecans or walnuts (for texture)
- 1 tablespoon of granola
- A drizzle of maple syrup
- Microwave your sweet potato. Simply prick the potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, turning the potatoes once.
- Slice sweet potato in half and push the sweet potato down in the centerPIN IT!
- Place yogurt in the center of sweet potato and layer with all toppings. Drizzle maple syrup on the topPIN IT!
If you try this recipe out and enjoy it, be sure to tag me on IG and use the hashtag #BreonnaQueen