This is one of those recipes where everyone will think you spent hours in the kitchen but aha, you didn’t! *cue evil laugh*
I like to use bone in chicken breast for this recipe because bone-in is more moist and flavorful. Also, there is no extravagant intimidating ingredient list for this. Just simple fresh ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen and *ahem* garden!
– Bone In Chicken Breast
– 1 tbsp of high quality Italian seasoning blend
– 5 oz of heirloom cherry tomatoes cup in halves
– 8oz of spinach
– 1 1/2 oz Balsamic Vinegar
– Ciliegine mozzarella (the fresher, the better)
– 2 1/2 tbsp of pesto
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil on it.
- Pat chicken dry and rub both sides of chicken with Italian seasoning. Oh and add a pinch of salt and pepper to each side as well!
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add olive oil (about 1 tsp). Once pan is hot, place chicken in pan and cook until lightly browned. About 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet and roast for about 18-22 minutes (internal temperature 165 degrees).
- Now add another 1 tsp of olive oil to the pan previously used. Add spinach to the hot pan, stirring the spinach often. Once the spinach starts to wilt (1-2 minutes), season with salt and pepper. Remove spinach.
- Wipe pan clean and add balsamic vinegar (medium high heat). Cook balsamic vinegar until its reduced by half (3-4 minutes)
- Place chicken on a plate. Arrange spinach, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella together on the plate. Drizzle balsamic reduction around plate. Drizzle basil pesto around the plate too!
If you try this recipe out, be sure to hashtag me #BreonnaQueen! I would love to see your dish!