Are you wondering what’s the best wig color for dark skin? Perhaps you’re looking for a new wig color but unsure which one will complement your dark skin tone best?
With so many options available, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. But fear not; I’ve compiled a list of the best wig colors for dark skin to help you make a decision.
What’s the best wig color for dark skin? 13 gorgeous colors!
Burgundy hair is a fantastic choice when it comes to a great hair color for brown skin. It is a bold and beautiful color that will make you stand out in a crowd. The color is rich and deep, reminiscent of a glass of red wine. It is a classic color that has been popular for years, and it is easy to see why.
One of the great things about burgundy hair is that it complements a wide range of skin tones. Whether you have warm or cool undertones, you can find a shade of burgundy that will work for you. It is a versatile color that can be customized to suit your individual style.
Burgundy wigs are also a great way to experiment with color without committing to a permanent change. They are available in a variety of styles, from short and sassy to long and flowing. You can choose a wig that matches your natural hair texture or try something completely different.
When it comes to styling burgundy hair, there are many options to choose from. You can wear it straight and sleek or add some curls for a more romantic look.
Blonde wigs are a great option for dark skin tones. If you’ve always wanted to go blonde, this color can assist you in achieving a youthful, chic, and beautiful look. It will look better on you, particularly if you have a warm complexion. A pale clover honey blonde can give incredible highlights, complementing the warmth of your dark skin tone.
Classic crown highlights are an easy way to go blonde without some of the challenges that hair color can bring. Keeping your brows dark is an excellent choice — your features will appreciate the grounding effect.
Blonde wigs can also come in ombre styles, where the roots are darker and transition into a lighter color. This is a tried and true way of doing color, giving a realistic and natural appearance while making blending possible should you want to do that. Brown and blonde ombre hair is flattering against darker skin tones.
In conclusion, blonde wigs are a great option for dark skin tones. They can come in a variety of shades and styles, from pale clover honey blonde to ombre brown and blonde. Classic crown highlights are an easy way to go blonde without some of the challenges that hair color can bring. Keep your brows dark for a grounding effect.
If you have dark skin and are looking for a wig color that complements your complexion, caramel hair is a great option. This warm, rich shade is versatile and can work with a variety of skin tones. It’s one of the most popular options when it comes to a hair color for dark skin that works well for almost any complexion.
Caramel hair is a great choice if you’re looking for a natural-looking color that’s not too drastic. It’s a warm, golden brown that looks great on darker skin tones. The color can be customized to suit your preferences, with variations ranging from light caramel to dark caramel.
When choosing a caramel wig, consider the undertones in your skin. If you have warm undertones, opt for a caramel shade with golden or red undertones. If you have cool undertones, choose a caramel shade with cooler, ashier undertones.
Caramel hair also pairs well with a variety of hairstyles and textures. Whether you prefer straight, curly, or wavy hair, caramel hair can be styled to suit your preferences.
In terms of maintenance, caramel hair is relatively easy to care for. Regular washing and conditioning will help keep your wig looking its best. Additionally, using a heat protectant spray before styling with heat tools can help prevent damage and keep your wig looking healthy.
Overall, caramel hair is a great choice for dark skin tones. Its warm, rich color looks great on a variety of skin tones and can be customized to suit your preferences. Plus, it’s versatile and easy to care for, making it a great choice for everyday wear.
If you have dark skin, auburn hair can be a great choice for a wig color. Auburn is a rich, reddish-brown shade that complements darker skin tones beautifully. Here are some things to keep in mind when choosing an auburn wig:
- Consider your skin tone. For medium to dark skin tones, medium to dark auburn shades work best. If you have a lighter skin tone, you can try a lighter, more coppery shade of auburn.
- Think about the undertones. Auburn hair can have warm or cool undertones. If you have warm undertones in your skin (yellow or golden), look for an auburn shade with warm undertones, like a reddish-brown or auburn-brown. If you have cool undertones (pink or blue), look for an auburn shade with cool undertones, like a burgundy or auburn with violet tones.
- Consider your personal style. Auburn hair can be subtle or bold, depending on the shade and how it’s styled. If you want a more low-key look, try a natural-looking auburn shade with highlights or lowlights. If you want to make a statement, go for a brighter, more vibrant shade of auburn.
- Experiment with different styles. Auburn hair can be styled in many different ways, from sleek and straight to curly and voluminous. Try out different styles to see what works best for you and your face shape.
Overall, auburn hair can be a great choice for dark skin tones. Just remember to consider your skin tone, undertones, personal style, and desired level of boldness when choosing the perfect shade of auburn for your wig.
Shop: Similar Hair
If you want to try a bold and daring look, blue hair can be a great option. There are a variety of blue shades to choose from, ranging from deep midnight blue to light baby blue. Here are some tips for choosing the best blue wig color for your dark skin:
- Royal Blue: This deep blue shade with tons of dimension is a popular choice. It looks great on all skin tones, but particularly on those with darker skin. It can be worn as an ombre or as an all-over color.
- Baby Blue: For a softer look, baby blue can be a good choice. It can be worn as highlights or an ombre, or as an all-over color. This shade looks particularly good on those with cool undertones in their skin.
- Turquoise: This bright blue-green shade is a great choice for those who want a bold and unique look. It can be worn as an all-over color or as highlights. This shade looks particularly good on those with warm undertones in their skin.
When choosing a blue wig color, it’s important to consider the undertones in your skin. If you have cool undertones, look for blue shades with cool undertones as well, such as royal blue. If you have warm undertones, look for blue shades with warm undertones, such as turquoise.
Blue wigs can be styled in a variety of ways, from straight and sleek to curly and voluminous. Consider your personal style and the occasion you will be wearing the wig for when choosing a style.
If you have dark skin, brown hair wigs can be a great option for you. Brown is a versatile color that can complement a wide range of skin tones, and there are many different shades of brown to choose from. Here are some tips to help you choose the right brown wig for your skin tone:
- Warm Skin Tones: If you have warm undertones in your skin, you should look for brown wigs with golden or honey highlights. These shades will bring out the warmth in your skin and create a beautiful, glowing look.
- Cool Skin Tones: If you have cool undertones in your skin, you should look for brown wigs with ashy or cool-toned highlights. These shades will complement your skin tone and create a sophisticated, elegant look.
- Neutral Skin Tones: If you have neutral undertones in your skin, you can wear any shade of brown wig. You can experiment with different shades and highlights to find the perfect look for you.
When choosing a brown wig, it’s also important to consider the length and style. Shorter wigs with choppy layers can create a fun, edgy look, while longer wigs with soft waves can create a romantic, feminine look. You can also experiment with different textures, such as straight, curly, or wavy, to find the perfect style for you.
If you’re looking to add a pop of color to your dark skin, green hair might be the perfect choice for you. This bold and edgy hair color can complement your skin tone and make a statement.
There are many different shades of green to choose from, including neon, emerald, forest, and olive. Each shade can create a different look, so it’s essential to choose the one that best suits your style and personality.
One of the great things about dark green hair is that it can be paired with a variety of hairstyles. You can wear it in a sleek bob, long and flowing waves, or even in a bold pixie cut. The possibilities are endless!
If you have dark skin and are looking for a fun and unique hair color, lavender could be the perfect choice for you. This trendy pastel shade is a beautiful option that can complement a variety of skin tones.
When it comes to styling your lavender hair, keep in mind that it’s a statement color that can stand out on its own. You can opt for a simple and elegant style, such as a sleek bob or loose waves. Alternatively, you can add some edge to your look with a bold undercut or shaved side.
In terms of makeup, lavender hair pairs well with natural, soft makeup looks. A neutral eye shadow palette and a nude lip color can complement your hair without overpowering it. However, if you’re feeling bold, you can experiment with more vibrant makeup colors, such as a bright pink or purple lip.
Overall, lavender hair can be a stunning and unique choice for those with dark skin. With proper care and styling, you can rock this trendy color with confidence.
Red hair is a bold and striking choice for dark skin tones. It can be a great way to stand out and make a statement. However, not all shades of red work well with every skin tone. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect red wig for your skin tone:
- Warm Reds: Warm reds such as copper, rust, and strawberry blonde work well with neutral skin tones or blue undertones. These shades can add warmth and depth to your complexion.
- Cool Reds: Cool reds such as burgundy and red velvet work well with cool undertones and fair or medium skin tones. These shades can add a pop of color to your look without overwhelming your complexion.
- Dark Reds: Darker shades of red such as maroon and wine can be a great option for those with deeper skin tones. These shades can add richness and depth to your look.
When choosing a red wig, it’s important to consider the intensity of the color. Super bright or neon reds may not work well with darker skin tones, as they can create a harsh contrast. Instead, opt for shades that are deeper and more subdued.
Overall, red hair can be a great choice for dark skin tones. Just be sure to choose a shade that complements your complexion and fits your personal style.
If you’re looking for a hair color that’s bold and daring, but still chic and sophisticated, then silver hair is the perfect choice for you. This hair color is especially stunning on dark skin tones, as it creates a beautiful contrast that’s both striking and elegant.
To achieve silver hair, you can either dye your natural hair or opt for a silver wig. If you’re dyeing your hair, it’s important to note that the process can be quite damaging, so it’s best to consult with a professional stylist to ensure that your hair stays healthy and strong.
If you’re not ready to commit to dyeing your hair, then a silver wig is a great alternative. There are many different types of silver wigs available, including lace front wigs, full lace wigs, and synthetic wigs. Lace front wigs are especially popular, as they provide a natural-looking hairline that’s virtually undetectable.
When choosing a silver wig, it’s important to consider the texture and length of the hair. For dark skin tones, a longer wig with loose waves or curls can create a stunning, glamorous look. If you prefer a more natural look, then a shorter wig with a sleek, straight style may be more your style.
Overall, silver hair is a bold and beautiful choice for dark skin tones. Whether you opt for a wig or dye your natural hair, this hair color is sure to turn heads and make a statement.
Crimson hair is a bold choice for dark-skinned individuals who want to make a statement. This vibrant shade of red is perfect for those who want to stand out in a crowd. The color is rich and deep, and it looks amazing on all skin tones.
One of the best things about crimson hair is that it is versatile. You can wear it straight, curly, or in any other style you like. It is a great way to add some personality to your look and show off your individuality.
If you’re considering crimson hair, it’s important to choose the right shade. Some shades of crimson can be too bright and overpowering, while others can be too dark and look almost black. The key is to find a shade that complements your skin tone and brings out your best features.
When it comes to styling crimson hair, there are many options. You can wear it in a sleek ponytail, a messy bun, or let it flow freely. You can also add some highlights or lowlights to create a more dimensional look.
Overall, crimson hair is a great option for those who want to make a statement with their hair. It is a bold and beautiful color that looks amazing on dark skin tones. If you’re looking for a new hairstyle that will turn heads, consider trying crimson hair.
Dark Purple Hair
Dark purple hair is a bold and beautiful choice for those with dark skin. This color is rich and vibrant and can add a touch of sophistication to your look. Here are some tips on how to pull off this stunning hue:
- Choose the right shade: Dark purple comes in many shades, so it’s important to choose the right one for your skin tone. If you have warm undertones, opt for a reddish-purple shade. If you have cool undertones, go for a bluish-purple shade.
- Consider your hair length: Dark purple looks great on all hair lengths, but it’s especially striking on long hair. Consider adding some layers to your hair to add dimension to the color.
Black hair is a classic and timeless choice for dark skin. It looks regal and striking, and it can make your hair look fuller, thicker, healthier, and shinier. There’s something about black hair that exudes confidence and sophistication.
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance wig color, black may be the perfect choice for you. It doesn’t require a lot of upkeep, and it can be worn in any setting, from casual to formal. Plus, black hair goes well with any outfit, so you don’t have to worry about clashing colors.
When choosing a black wig, consider the different shades of black that are available. You can opt for a jet black, which is a deep, rich black that looks great on all skin tones. Or, you can go for a softer black, such as a natural black or a soft black, which can give your hair a more subtle look.
One thing to keep in mind when wearing a black wig is that it can sometimes look flat or dull. To avoid this, consider adding some dimension to your hair with highlights or lowlights. You can also experiment with different textures, such as curls, crimps or waves, to add some variety to your look.
Overall, black hair is a classic and versatile choice for dark skin. It can give you a bold and confident look, and it requires minimal upkeep. So, if you’re looking for a wig color that will never go out of style, black may be the perfect choice for you.
If you’re looking to add some dimension to your wig, consider a two-tone hair color. This style features two different colors blended together, creating a unique and eye-catching look. Here are some tips for choosing the best two-tone hair color for your dark skin:
- Consider warm and cool tones: When choosing your two colors, consider using warm and cool tones. For example, a warm caramel color paired with a cool ash blonde can create a beautiful contrast that complements dark skin.
- Keep it subtle: If you’re new to two-tone hair, start with a subtle blend. Choose two colors that are close in shade, such as a dark brown and a lighter brown. This will create a natural-looking blend that’s perfect for everyday wear.
- Try a bold contrast: If you’re feeling daring, try a bold contrast between two colors. For example, a deep burgundy paired with a bright blonde can create a striking look that’s sure to turn heads.
- Experiment with placement: The placement of your two colors can also make a big difference in the overall look. Consider adding highlights around your face for a framing effect, or adding color just to the ends of your hair for a subtle ombre effect.
Overall, two-tone hair can be a fun and stylish way to switch up your wig game. Just remember to choose colors that complement your skin tone and experiment with placement to find the perfect look for you.
Misconceptions About Wig Colors for Dark Skin
When it comes to choosing a wig color, there are many misconceptions about what works best for dark skin. Some people believe that only certain hair colors look good on dark skin, but this is not true. In fact, dark-skinned people can look great with a variety of hair colors, including some bright ones. Here are some common misconceptions about wig colors for dark skin:
- Misconception 1: Dark skin only looks good with dark hair. This is one of the most common misconceptions about wig colors for dark skin. While it’s true that dark hair can look great on dark skin, it’s not the only option. In fact, bright colors like red, purple, and blue can look stunning on dark skin.
- Misconception 2: Lighter colors don’t work for dark skin. Another common misconception is that lighter colors don’t work for dark skin. This is simply not true. In fact, lighter colors can look great on dark skin, especially if they are warm-toned. Some great options include honey blonde, golden brown, and caramel.
- Misconception 3: You should always match your wig color to your natural hair color. While it’s true that matching your wig color to your natural hair color can create a more natural look, it’s not always necessary. In fact, sometimes it can be fun to experiment with different hair colors and create a bold, new look.
Overall, it’s important to remember that there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to wig colors for dark skin. The most important thing is to choose a color that makes you feel confident and beautiful. So don’t be afraid to experiment with different colors and find the one that works best for you.
How to Take Care of Your Wigs
Wigs are a great way to switch up your look, but proper care is essential to keep them looking their best. Here are a few tips to help you take care of your wigs:
- Wash your wig regularly: Depending on how often you wear your wig, you should wash it every 6-8 wears. Use a mild shampoo and lukewarm water to wash your wig. Avoid using hot water, as it can damage the fibers.
- Detangle your wig gently: Before washing your wig, use a wide-tooth comb or wig brush to gently detangle any knots or tangles. Start at the ends and work your way up to the roots.
- Dry your wig carefully: After washing your wig, gently blot it with a towel to remove excess water. Do not rub or wring your wig, as this can damage the fibers. Hang your wig on a wig stand or lay it flat to air dry.
- Store your wig properly: When you’re not wearing your wig, store it on a wig stand to help it maintain its shape. Avoid storing your wig in direct sunlight or near heat sources, as this can damage the fibers.
- Avoid using heat on your wig: If you need to style your wig, use a low-heat setting on your styling tools such as a flat iron. Avoid using high heat, as this can damage the fibers.
By following these simple tips, you can help your wig look its best and last longer.
Choosing the right hair colors for dark skin doesn’t have to be difficult. Whether you want to blend in or stand out, selecting a color that complements your dark complexion can be immensely satisfying. It is important to take into account all aspects of your look when making a decision on a hair color.
Consider what you want to portray and keep in mind that the best results come from experimenting with different options. Whichever option you end up choosing, whether it be an intense bright red or something more subtle like deep mahogany or black, you are sure to turn heads and feel confident in your new look!